Jennifer Wingert's fifth grade class at Grant Elementary has asked questions of candidates for various local political offices. Answers will be posted by mid-March.
1. How does the School Board help decide what curriculum students learn in school? (School Board Candidates)
2. Why is Columbia continuing to build houses/buildings when so many are vacant at this time? (County Assessor, City Council, County Commissioner Candidates)
3. What is the City Council doing to positively promote their ideas for building a better downtown? (City Council Candidates)
4. How does the city and county decide what streets get salted/plowed during bad weather? (City Council, County Commission Candidates)
5. How will you ALL work together to improve Columbia and Boone County? (All Candidates)